We continue with the list of our favorite and most delicious Mexican dishes to try
Continuing with our discussion on the best Mexican foods, don’t forget to try these dishes when visiting an authentic Mexican eatery.
- Tortilla is one of the most featured items in many Mexican foods. Machetes also contain tortillas as their base. The tortillas in machetes are about a meter long. They are filled with peppers, cheese, onions, potatoes, jalapenos, chicken, meat, bacon, etc.
The fillings are placed in such a way that they don’t mix together and are placed separately. With each bite, you will experience a different filling and a different flavor.
- Machetes are essentially quesadillas, but way longer than them. Due to their extraordinary size, they are quite fulfilling.
Tlayudas is the Mexican version of a traditional pizza. The base is made of fried, crisp, thin, and large tortillas. Similar to a pizza, the tortilla is topped with different ingredients. Following are the most common fillings used in Tlayudas:
- Refined beans
Tlayudas can be warped and can also be eaten like a taco.
- Elotes are essentially cooked or grilled corn. It is a classic Mexican street food that is made by grilling the corn and dipping it in mayonnaise, cheese, and chili. When the corn is served with this combination of dippings, it is called Elotes y Esquites. Despite their complicated name, they are simple to make and can be prepared with a few ingredients.
Since they are street food, they are quite affordable. Elotes are delicious to eat so you may be tempted to lose count while eating them. However, beware that they are not the healthiest choice of food so watch out for how many Elotes you consume in one sitting.
8) Fried Ice Cream
- We know that fried ice cream sounds oxymoronic, but it is a delicious dessert that is immensely popular in Mexico. The interesting thing is that this food originated in Hong Kong over 20 years ago, but has been assimilated into Mexican gastronomy due to its immense liking among Mexicans.
Fried ice cream is prepared by rolling a scoop of ice cream in some kind of bread or batter and frying it in a pan till it is crisp and crunchy. Fried ice cream is best served with the following side servings:
- Fried tortillas sprinkled with sugar
- Fried tortillas and cinnamon
- Fried tortillas topped with cinnamon and sugar
Fried ice cream is served in almost all Mexican restaurants. It makes up for delicious dessert after having any of the above Mexican meals. One cup of fried ice cream contains 355 calories. So even though it is a treat for all those who have a sweet tooth, one has to watch out for the serving size when eating this tasty dessert.
- This difficult to pronounce dish makes up for a hearty and satisfying breakfast. Enfrijoladas are basically corn tortillas that are folded and garnished with mashed black bean paste. They can also be served with a well-blended black bean sauce. Some people prefer to eat them with eggs and cheese as well.
They can be quite wholesome when consumed with fried eggs. One serving of Enfrijoladas weighs 105 g and contains 136 calories.
If you are looking for a Mexican restaurant that serves good quality authentic Mexican food, then book your table at El Pueblito Mexican Restaurant now. We serve delightful Mexican dishes in a family-friendly environment. Call us at 559 298 2068. We are located in Clovis, CA.